This Policy applies to your use of the Site in any capacity. This Policy applies to information we collect on the Site, including emails and other electronic messages between you and the Site. However, it is important to note that this Policy does not apply to information collected by any other website operated by any third party, or information collected by any third party through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from the Site (see “Third-Party Websites” below for additional information).
Section 2: What Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We will store, use, and share personal information about you in accordance with this Policy. As used in this Policy, “Personal Information” means information associated with or used to identify or contact a specific person. Personal Information includes: (1) contact data (such as e-mail address, telephone number and employer); (2) demographic data (such as gender, date of birth and zip code); (3) certain Usage Data (defined below), such as IP address; and (4) information you intentionally submit to us via the Site, including without limitation commercial or business inquiries, as well as comments which you publish on the Site (including any blog or comment section of the Site).
“Usage Information” or “Usage Data” is information about an individual’s online activity that, by itself, does not identify the individual, such as: browser type; operating system; webpages visited; technical information, such as the user’s mobile service provider, the web browser or other applications or programs through which the user to accessed the Site; the user’s IP address; the user’s device’s version and identification number; information about what the user has searched for and looked at while using the Site; information about communications the user made while using the Site, such as the people the user communicated with and the time, date, and duration of the user’s communications; and metadata, which means information related to items the user made available through the Site, such as the date, time or location that a shared photograph or video was taken or posted. Generally, we do not consider Usage Data as Personal Information because Usage Data by itself usually does not identify an individual. Personal Information and Usage Data may be linked together. Different types of Usage Information also may be linked together and, once linked, may identify an individual person. Also, some Usage Data may be Personal Information under applicable law.
In particular, the Site may collect the following categories of Personal Information from users of the Site:
- Identifiers such as first and last name, mailing address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, and telephone number.
- Personal Information such as telephone numbers.
- Internet or other similar network activity such as Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, when you:
- register yourself with or intentionally provide your identity to any part of the Site;
- complete or submit employment applications and related forms through the Site;
- subscribe to one of our e-newsletters or blogs;
- complete informational inquiries on the Site to request more information from Clyde for its services, and
- otherwise communicate with us through the Site.
- Indirectly from you. For example, through information we collect from you in the course of providing our services to you.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our Site. For example, from Site usage details that are collected automatically. For more information on automatic information collection, please review the “Automated Information Collection” section below.
When intentionally providing your Personal Information (e.g. via email, inquiry submission form, or free-text box), please provide only relevant information and do not provide unnecessary sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers, credit card information, or other sensitive personal data.
Section 3: Automated Information Collection
Website. In addition to the information that you intentionally and affirmatively provide to us, we may also collect information about you during your visit to our Site. We collect this information using automated tools that are detailed below. These tools may collect information about your behavior and your computer system, such as your internet address (IP Address), the pages you have viewed, and the actions you have taken while using the Website. Our Site does track “cookies,” which are small data files transmitted from a website to your device’s hard drive. Some of the tools we use to automatically collect information about you may include:
- Cookies: A cookie is a small file placed onto your device that enables our websites features and functionality. We use session cookies last only as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
- Pixels: A pixel is a tiny image that may be embedded within web pages and emails, requiring a call (which provides device and visit information) to our servers in order for the pixel to be rendered in those web pages and emails. We use pixels to learn more about your interactions with our content.
- Analytics: The Site may send aggregated non-Personal Information to Google Analytics for the purpose of providing Clyde with the ability to conduct technical and statistical analysis on the Site’s performance. The Site may send aggregated non-Personal Information to Google Analytics for the purpose of providing Clyde with the ability to conduct technical and statistical analysis on the Site’s performance.
- Web Beacons: A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain information from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails. We may also use Web Beacons to track whether or not you click on any links on the Site, and the time and date of such actions. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your Personal Information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a Web Beacon.
- Embedded Web Links: Links provided on our Site, in our emails and, in some cases, on third-party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows us to understand how the link is being used by recipients. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the Personal Information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our informational and marketing campaigns.
Section 4: How We Use Your Information
We use the Personal Information that we collect to operate and improve the Site, to provide customer service for inquiries initiated over the Site, and in some cases to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities. You agree that we may use your Personal Information as follows:
- communicating information regarding Clyde, including industry developments, other online content, emails, and invitations to in-person and web-based events;
- providing the information, products, and services you request;
- security and fraud prevention purposes;
- providing you with effective customer service;
- improving the content, functionality and usability of the Site (including information you intentionally provide to us for feedback);
- improving our marketing and promotional efforts;
- other business purposes such as better understanding customer needs, enhancing relationships, or making appropriate contacts for services or potential career-related inquiries; and
- any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice, click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us.
Duration. The length of time Clyde intends to retain Personal Information, including sensitive information, if any, is for as long as reasonably necessary to carry out Clyde’s intended business purpose for such information.
Section 5: How We Disclose Your Information
We do not sell or lease your Personal Information to any third party. We may disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Clyde and its Affiliated Companies.
- Service Providers. We rely on service providers to help us deliver services, maintain and improve the Site, communicate news and information to users, and deliver promotional and informational materials (including e-newsletters) via email.
Except as described in this Policy, we will not share your information with third parties without notice to you and your consent; provided, we may additionally share information with third parties without notice or your consent under any of the following circumstances:
Compliance with Applicable Law
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable legal obligation, legal process, legal proceeding, or information requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities;
- To investigate and prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity; and
- To respond to an emergency that we believe in good faith requires us to disclose such information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or Clyde employee (e.g. in response to a threat communicated through the Site).
Change in Control Transactions
There are circumstances where Clyde may decide to acquire another business, sell its business, or reorganize its business. Under these circumstances, it may be necessary to share or receive Personal Information with prospective or actual partners, acquirers, targets, or affiliates. In such circumstances, Clyde will ensure your information is used in accordance with this Policy.
Section 6: Protecting the Privacy of Children
Clyde’s Site is not directed to minors. If you are under the age of 18, please do not provide any personal information about yourself to us.
Section 8: Submissions
Section 9: Third-Party Websites
Section 10: Your Rights under State Law
- Shine the Light law. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we will not disclose or share your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes of third-party marketing to you without your prior consent.
- Do Not Track Signals. Other than as disclosed in this Policy, the Site does not track users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, the Site does not operate any differently when it receives Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from your internet web browser.
- WE DO NOT SELL OR SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. If we ever decide to “sell” or “share” Personal Information, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, we will update you via this Policy and include a link entitled “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information,” to provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the selling or sharing of your Personal Information.
Your Consumer Rights
Some states in the United States provide consumers with additional rights with respect to their Personal Information, as that term is defined under those applicable state laws. Such state laws may include, but are not limited to, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA“) as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act, the Colorado Privacy Act (“CPA“) and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA“). Any Personal Information we collect is collected for the commercial purpose of effectively providing our services to you, as well as enabling you to learn more about, and benefit from, our services. If you reside in a state that provides additional rights with respect to your Personal Information, you may exercise each of your rights as identified below, subject to our verification of your identity.
- Access. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
- Prohibit Data Sharing. When it is your right under applicable law, you may prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information. In your request, please advise of your state of residency and explain how you wish us to prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information, and which categories of third parties you want to prohibit from receiving your Personal Information. When such prohibitions are not possible to provide our services to you, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy.
- Portability. Upon request and when possible, we can provide you with copies of your Personal Information. When such a request cannot be honored, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Opt-out of Processing. You have the right to request that we do not sell your Personal Information, use your Personal Information for targeted advertising, or use your Personal Information for profiling. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Exercising your rights. If you believe that you have rights under applicable state law (either including the above or different from above), you may:
Exercising your Rights
If you believe that you have rights under applicable state law (either including the above or different from above), you may:
- Submit a request addressed as follows:
Clyde Group LLC
1152 15th St NW #750
Washington, DC 20005
- Call us at (202) 318-0345.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your Personal Information. If an authorized agent makes a request on your behalf, we may require proof that you gave the agent permission to submit the request.
Responding to Your Request
Upon receiving your request, we will confirm receipt. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before taking further action or granting you access to any requested Personal Information. In some instances, such as a request to delete Personal Information, we may also require confirmation of your request before acting.
We will respond to your request within 45 days. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
In some cases, our ability to cooperate in the exercise of your rights may conflict with our obligations to process Personal Information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
Section 11: Location of Services
Our Site is designed for use by individuals in the United States. We do not warrant or represent that this Policy or the Site’s use of your Personal Information complies with the laws of any other jurisdiction. We may store, process, and transmit information in the United States and other locations around the world, including countries that may not have the same privacy and security laws as the United States. Regardless of the country in which such information is stored, we will process your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
Section 12: Safeguarding the Information We Collect
We use reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards in order to protect your Personal Information against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee security in all instances.
Section 13: Changes to This Policy
Section 14: How to Contact Us
We value your opinions and welcome your feedback. To contact us about this Policy or your Personal Information, please contact us at:
Clyde Group LLC
1152 15th St NW #750
Washington, DC 20005
Or by phone: (202) 318-0345